Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Journal entry 254--Morning

How do you get ready to start your day? Any tricks to being on time?

I'm great at running out the door, frantically yelling at my children to "hurry" and being late somewhere. I think I just try to do too much and then I run out of time. My 7 year old is teaching me how to not rush her by being very slow and getting angry with me when I tell her to hurry. Consequently this makes getting ready last longer and I get more frustrated. Since then, I've thought about what I'm expecting of her--to drop everything she's doing and run out the door. So to compromise, I now give her a 10 minute warning and show her what the clock will look like when it's time to go. This way she can finish up whatever she's doing and be ready to go when the time comes. It's a work in progress. I just need to be better prepared.

No comments: