Friday, March 20, 2009

Journal 211--Say what?!?

Describe a time when you were told you something only to find out later that it was false.

When I was 3 years old, I went to a preschool that had a big tree house. It was so much fun climbing up there and looking down at all your friends playing on the school yard. One day as I reached the top of the ladder and went into the tree house, there was a pile of doodoo on the floor. I quickly climbed down and told the teacher who replied, "It was probably done by a dog." I believed her and went off to play. After I got home that day, I told my mom what had happened. Her reply? "Can dogs climb ladders??" I thought for a minute. "No, then who did it?" My quirky mother's answer? "Probably a little boy!" Thankfully I never did find out the culprit.

No comments: