Friday, March 6, 2009

Journal entry 205--Regret

Is there anything you regret in your life? Describe it.

I was 20 years old when my mom died. There was a moment when she was in the hospital that I had a strong impression to talk to her about a will or getting her to put something in writing. I ignored the urging because I didn't want to think about her dying or give up hope. The following day she went into a coma which eventually ended her life. Consequently my mom did not have a will and her entire estate went into probate. Thank goodness my uncle was there to help my brother, sister and I. After many months of court hassles, we were finally able to settle her estate. At that time and for many years after, I regretted not listening to that prompting to talk to my mom about a will. Things worked out and I have no more regrets about it. I've learned, however, to listen better.

No comments: