Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Journal entry 50--Going to school

Describe how you got to school every day when you were a child. If you have children now, do they go to school the same way?

When I was in first grade I rode the bus to school. Later from second grade to high school, I mainly walked. When I was in elementary school I liked to alternate between riding my bike and roller skating. I had a cool bike. It was purple with an orange sparkle banana seat. There was a basket on the front with flowers and streamers that hung from the handle bars. Looking back it probably was a hideous bike but I enjoyed it. Now things have changed and it's not as safe for my children to walk to school. So I drive them everyday. When I was little, having mom drive you to school was a luxury.

No comments: