Sunday, January 11, 2009

Journal entry 158--Failure

Describe a time when you flunked or failed at something.


School was always easy and a bit boring for me. I seemed to coast through high school without ever learning proper study skills, so when college came I was in trouble. My first "F" was in my college Chemistry class. I couldn't believe it! Of course, at the time I thought it was all the teacher's fault. "He was a bad teacher," I told my mother, "and therefore I didn't learn the material." Yet the bottom line was I didn't know how to study. I retook the class with a different teacher, corrected my mistakes and poor study skills and got an "A" in the class. Now, I can see this pattern with my own children. They hardly ever study and still get "A's" in their classes. It may take an "F" to wake them up!

1 comment:

♥n said...

thank you for your blog. i wish i was a better writer and your blog is going to help me with that, i think. here is mine: lovenalovena.blogspot.com