Thursday, January 1, 2009

Journal entry 149--Resolutions

When was the last time you kept your New Year's resolutions? Do you make resolutions at the beginning of each year?

I rarely keep my New Year's resolutions. I don't know if it's that I make the resolutions too difficult to keep or if I'm just lazy. Yet, I can't stay I don't try. This past year, I've tried to find my great grandfather's personal history and who his parents were. It's been a very difficult journey. He was from Sweden and had an extremely common name so that is presenting a huge challenge for me. Another resolution I've never kept is getting a bedroom set. My husband and I have gone 11 years with a bed frame. We just keep pushing it aside for other fixers around the house. Maybe this year? I can only hope.

No comments: