Friday, February 13, 2009

Journal entry 187--Mistake

Describe a mistake you've made in the past.

Growing up we had a black cat named Kelly who lived on our patio. She was a sweet kitty who loved us to pet her. One evening, my sister came home in tears carrying our dear pussy cat in her arms. Kelly had just been hit by a car. At the time I worked for a veterinarian and called him or I should say begged him to go down to the office at 9:30pm and check out my cat. However, there was nothing that could be done and we put poor Kelly out of her misery.

Later as we were all sitting and remembering our lost little family member, we saw a black cat outside where Kelly usually sat. Thinking it was our neighbor's cat, Piwacket, who also was a black cat and identical looking to Kelly, I quickly ran out to scare it away. I didn't want Piwacket to desecrate Kelly's memory. Normally, Piwacket ran away anytime one of got near him. This time, however, the cat purred and rubbed up and down our legs. I think you can see where this is going. Soon we discovered that we had put to sleep our neighbor's cat instead of ours. I got the unfortunate job of telling the, said, neighbors.

2 comments:

Emily Retherford said...

This is the first time I have come across your blog and I think this daily journal thing is a great idea! I really like it and my do it myself! Thanks

Emily
Blah-Zay
Mama and Hustler???
My Mommy Chronicles
Am I Really a Writer?

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

oh-my-gosh....

Wow... that's a rough one!

~hugs~