Monday, February 23, 2009

Journal entry 196--Social Event

Describe the last social event you attended.


Last December I got to accompany my husband to his work holiday party for all the health care workers who work for the hospital. What an honor! I was actually excited to go--the Four Season hotel, appetizers, etc.., until the talk, or should I say lecture started. Wow, either I'm extremely stupid or that talk was entirely inappropriate. I can't even write about the topic because it made no sense to me. For all I know, the lecture was conducted in another language--boring language. Yet, it wasn't just me with the glazed-over look in the eyes, other people in the room, including doctors had a hard time staying awake. The doc. sitting next to Devin wrote a bunch of negative comments on the evaluation form and then would proudly show everyone within a 5 foot radius . After the talk came the question and answer part of the evening. I was tempted to raise my hand and say, "I don't get it." Some people in the audience surprisingly asked questions although those were equally difficult to understand. I think the speaker paid those people to ask questions so it would look like someone actually comprehended his talk.
It was still fun to go out with my hubby.

No comments: