Monday, February 16, 2009

Journal entry 190--A Family Pet

Describe a past or present family pet. What kind of pet was/is it? How did/do you feel about this pet?

We got a puppy when I was 5 years old and I thought she was the greatest thing in the world. We brought home our little black fluff ball and sat in a circle on the floor with her in the middle. She ran around from person to person getting to know us all. Jodi was my little playmate. I thought of her as my baby sister and would actually tell people that we adopted another child. We would play tug of war and I'd chase her around our coffee table that was opened on each end. Jodi would run through the opening and slide across the wood. In the morning when she woke up, she would stand on my chest and just stare. After getting used to the uneasy feeling of being watched, my eyes would open and was awakened to hundreds of kisses from Jodi. That's how she told me she wanted to got to the bathroom. Jodi was such a smart dog could recognize words like "cookie" and "bye bye." She was also a stubborn, feisty dog that could hold onto a toy and not let go even if the toy was lifted in the air. Jodi lived a long life and finally died when she was 16 years old of congestive heart failure.

No comments: