Thursday, October 9, 2008

Journal entry 73--Fifth grade

Describe an experience when you were in fifth grade.

I don't remember much about fifth grade except learning the Preamble and writing Limericks. I loved writing Limericks. My first one was pretty bad about a man named Bluto who wanted to go to Pluto. So he packed up his coat and sailed on a boat and now he's taking judo. See it doesn't really rhyme but I enjoyed writing it. I also memorized the Preamble by singing the School House Rock song. Another memory I have about fifth grade is every day after lunch, my teacher would read from "The Phantom Tollbooth." It soon became my favorite book. Fifth grade was tough for me because that was when my father tried to take custody of me and I had to go to court to defend my mother and what I wanted. So I think I've blocked some of my fifth grade life out.

No comments: