Thursday, October 30, 2008

Journal entry 91--Halloween costume

With Halloween just around the corner describe a Halloween tradition in your present or past family.

Every year after trick or treating, I would come home and divide all my candy into piles. Piles of like candy such as Snickers all go together, Tootsie Rolls together, etc. Then I would tally up each pile to see what candy I got the most of. Finally I would dig in and eat a bunch until I felt sick. My candy usually lasted a few weeks until all that was left was the yucky candy (in my opinion) such as Tootsie Rolls and Hard Candy. My children have since taken over this anal candy counting only because there are three children in the family, they have added trading into the mix. Literally for the next 3 weeks, my kids will trade and barter with each other, wheel and deal until they are all happy. The 6 year old sometimes gets taken advantage of but she's learning from the best...her brothers.

No comments: