Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Journal entry 84--Favorite color

Write about your favorite color and why. How have you used it throughout your life?

My favorite color has always been purple. My mother and sister loved that color as well. I even had dark purple shag carpet in my bedroom growing up and would pretend that it was my ocean and the bed a boat. We also had a bumper sticker on the family car that read "I (picture of a purple heart) Purple. When I became pregnant with my daughter, I quickly painted her room lavender assuming that clearly she would share my love of purple. As a baby she had no problem with the color, however, as she got older, she flexed her independence by wanting a pink room. Pink was her color of choice. So even though, I detest the color pink, I support her pink fixation. Maybe one day she'll like purple.

No comments: