Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Journal entry 148--New Year's Eve

Describe a memorable New Year's Eve.


When I was 17 years old I had the opportunity to ride on a float for the Pasadena Rose Parade. My church group that night held a dance but I had to leave early to get some sleep because I needed to wake up extra early to be at the float. My group and I were picked up in a limo and taken to the float site where we stayed in a trailer to keep warm until it was time to line up. Then we put on our costumes and took our positions on the float which was a spaceship and we were the space crew. I enjoyed riding down the parade route, waving to the spectators and throwing them flowers from the float. Although I was quickly reprimanded for doing so and had to stop. That day was long but memorable to have been able to ride a rose parade float.

No comments: