Sunday, December 7, 2008

Journal entry 128--Enterprise

Have you ever started a business? Ever wanted to? If so, describe what this business is or was and if you still have it.


When I was 16 years old, I started a window painting business for the holidays. I had always wanted to paint holiday windows for businesses but was unsure how to do it. My mother would tell me to wait until I was in high school and there would be a class that would show me, however, there wasn't. At the time, I happened to be dating someone whose mother was a window painter and she showed me all the tricks of the trade. She was also retiring so I got all her contacts. So every year after Thanksgiving, I would paint Santas, reindeer, holly leaves, snow, etc on business's windows for the holidays. It was a great little business for a high school student and I was able to earn enough money for my family for Christmas presents.

No comments: