Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Journal entry 136--Tickets

Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket or some other moving vehicle violation ticket? If so, describe what happened.


I've only gotten one ticket in my entire life when I was 18 years old. I was driving home from school at 75 miles per hour and a police officer pulled me over. At the time, I thought you were suppose to drive as fast as everyone else on the road and I wasn't watching for the cops. At school, I was taking a Zoology class and had a dissected rat on my passenger seat. The police officer looked at it like I was some strange animal killer. I calmly explained to him why there was a dead rat in my car. The hardest part of getting a ticket was telling my mom about it, who was not happy. I ended up going to traffic school all day on the weekend. It was annoying and I haven't gotten another ticket since. Not that I haven't been pulled over by a cop. I've just learned how to talk my way out of a ticket!

No comments: