Thursday, December 11, 2008

Journal entry 132--Competition

How competitive are you? Do you pout after losing a game or happily shake hands with the winner? What drives your competitive nature?


I've always been competitive, more with myself. I know my abilities and potential and if I don't live up to it, watch out, me! Growing up with a brother 10 years older, I always lost games to him. He coached me along the way and I was determined to beat him in a game someday. I think it finally did happen but my continual losing to him made me more competitive. I don't pout if I lose a game. I've learn that as an adult that is an undesirable trait, but I do get mad at myself if I lose a game that I know I should win. For example, Scrabble. I hate losing scrabble! I have to keep telling myself that it is just a game! I need help!

No comments: