Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Journal entry 137--Rain or Wind?

Which do you prefer and why--Rain or wind?


Many times there's rain with wind but if I had to choose, I would pick rain any day. Where I live the wind gets so bad that I sometimes expect to see some sort of animal fly by my window. The wind is so loud that my husband sleeps down stairs just so the noise is not so horrible. At the end of the windy season, my trees are stuck in a wind blown position and I thank heavens they are still standing. The next day, I usually spend the morning picking out leaves, toys and other strange things at of my pool that were blown in from my neighbor's house. The one good thing about the wind here, is that is blows off all the balls thrown on the roof by my children. Now rain, I love. It's cozy and comforting, especially if you don't have to drive anywhere. Give me the rain anyday with a mug of hot cocoa, a fire in the fireplace and a warm blanket and movie. That's my idea of cozy weather and wind is not invited.

No comments: