Monday, December 8, 2008

Journal entry 129--Death

Have you ever lost someone close to you? Who was it and how did it affect your life?

My mother died when I was just barely 20 years old. She had been sickly my entire life but I still thought that she would live forever. What kid doesn't think that about their parents? It took me awhile to really believe that she was gone. After she died, I was alone for awhile. My sister and brother were already married and living on their own. My mother's death definitely taught me to be more independent and take care of myself. It also got me out of the house so I was eventually able to meet and marry my husband. Before, I thought it was my future to stay and care for my mother. I loved my mom very much and know I will be able to see her again.

No comments: