Thursday, November 13, 2008

Journal entry 105--Forgiveness

Who has been the hardest person in your life to forgive? Why can't you forgive this person?


My entire life, I've had difficulty forgiving my father for not being in my life. It has always upset me that he was an alcoholic and chose to love drinking more than his children. One of the two people in life that are suppose to love their children unconditionally and my own father couldn't even handle that. I've tried to understand his childhood and where he was coming from but it's still very difficult because I have felt cheated out of a father all my life. Before I wasn't quite sure exactly what I had missed out on but then after I got married and met my father-in-law, I knew. He is the polar opposite of what my father was and I'm grateful he's in my life. I don't know if I've forgiven my father. I still have a lot of anger toward him but I'm working on forgiving.

No comments: