Friday, November 7, 2008

Journal entry 99-Voting

Please take a moment to describe your first time voting in an election. What year was it and did your candidate win?

The first year I voted in an election was when George Bush Sr. ran against Dukakus. I really had no idea about either candidate but was just voting the same way as my mother, who was a Democrat. I remember going to work and hearing my boss and coworker talking about Bush and why I was wrong to want to vote for Dukakus. Looking back I realized I should not have even voted in that election in the first place because I did not fully understand each candidate's position. I was influenced by my mother which is what so many young people are today--influenced by parents or peers. Should we raise the legal voting age?!?

No comments: