Sunday, November 23, 2008

Journal entry 115--Dreams/Nightmares

Write about a reoccurring dream or nightmare you've had for a long time.


Mine could be classified as either a dream or a nightmare depending on your point of view. I like to think of it as a nightmare. Every now and then I dream that I'm back in high school. This dream is so vivid that it takes me awhile before I realize I'm actually dreaming. Usually, I'm either at my locker and have forgotten the combination or I'm sitting in class and there's a test I haven't studied for. I'm overcome with panic and dread knowing that I can't remember a thing about Geometry or Calculus, which is usually what the dream is about. The nightmares are so frustrating because I think I'm going to fail the class and not go onto college. After most of the initial fear is over, I wake up realizing it's been a long time since I was in high school.

No comments: