Sunday, August 3, 2008

Grow up!

What do you, or did you, want to be when you grow/grew up? Who inspired you to want that profession? Did you achieve your dream?

From the time I was 5-years-old I wanted to be a Veterinarian, specifically a zoo vet. that took care of the baby animals. Who doesn't want to hold a baby gorilla?!? I loved animals and at one time wanted to run a refuge where I could take in all the stray animals I found. Much to my mother's dismay, I often brought home many stray animals. My mother was the person who encouraged me to fulfill my dream of being a vet. However, once I hit college and was introduced to Physics I decided that maybe being a Vet. just wasn't for me. I realized that creative writing, art and music were more for me. Now I'm a full-time mother of three. I love the job of raising my monkeys/children and sometimes I feel like I'm in a zoo!

No comments: