Monday, August 18, 2008

Journal entry 20--Pride

Write about something that makes you feel proud. Is it a success you've accomplished? Or is it something with which you were involved? Maybe it's something you've created? Whatever it is, take a moment to write it down.

Besides, of course, being proud of my children and all the good things they do, I'm proud of my piano playing ability. Not that I'm a virtuoso or anything but I can play most pieces with practice and I've have had only some formal training. I didn't have too many lessons as a child because my teacher moved away yet I continued playing on my own. It wasn't until I became an adult that I started taking more serious piano lessons. The piano is a tough instrument to learn. I've noticed that while watching my children take lessons. The problem is that they don't appreciate learning the piano right now. Hopefully they will in the future and can feel the same pride that I do about myself and them.

No comments: