Thursday, August 14, 2008

Journal entry 16--Driving a car

Describe what happened when you first drove a car? If you do not drive, describe riding a bike or another mode of transportation.

I did what most people did or at least I hope they did this, I mixed up the gas pedal with the brake. I was parking the car at the grocery store and trying to brake to park when I was suddenly thrust forward. I then realized I had hit the gas instead of the brake pedal. Fortunately the car and I were not injured but it hurt my pride a bit because as a teenager, I thought I was a good driver. I also remember while driving on the freeway almost hitting a motorcyclist. As I was changing lanes to exit the freeway, I merged over and didn't see the motorcycle next to me. He wasn't hurt and wasn't too happy.

No comments: