Saturday, August 23, 2008

Journal entry 25--Change

Is there a book you've read that has changed your life or some aspect of it? What was the name of the book? How did it change your life?

I've recently read "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver. That book changed the way I view the food I eat. It helped me realize that most of the food we eat travels 1500 miles before it reaches our plate. Talk about using oil! Now I buy all our produce at the local farm here in town and our farmer's market. This way I know exactly who produced my fruits and veggies and what was used to grow them which is always nothing. I only buy grass fed beef so I'm not eating some sick cow loaded with antibiotics and hormones. This book also showed me more about the food industry and how they seem to think that money is much more important than our health.

No comments: