Friday, August 22, 2008

Journal entry 24--American Idol

Who did you idolize while growing up? Was it a sports star? A singer? A church leader? Whomever it was please take a moment to describe your hero worship.

Olivia Newton-John was my idol growing up. I thought that she was the most beautiful person alive (sorry mom!). Grease and Xanadu were the two movies that I've watch over 50 times and dragged most of my friends to see them as well. My room was covered with Olivia Newton-John posters and I still have all her albums. When my son was 3-years-old, he was watching the roller skating ending to Xanadu and he turned to me and said, "Mommy, you look just like that lady." My heart leapt! I look like Olivia Newton-John! I really don't but it made my day even if it was the opinion of a 3-year-old. Now I have a daughter named Olivia. I actually hesitated naming her that because I knew my family would think I had a serious case of hero worship but I have to say her name was my husband's idea.

No comments: