Saturday, August 9, 2008

Journal entry 11--Playing in the pool

Describe a memory of playing in the pool either by yourself or with family or friends. How old were you? Was it your pool, a friend's pool or during swimming lessons?

When I was 8 years-old I swam at my best friend, Nadia's house. We swam all summer and made up pool games the entire time. One game we played was "celebrate America's flowers." Basically we would throw our arms in the air, spraying water everywhere and sing a made up song about America's flowers! It made no sense but still to this day I can sing the cheer and have since taught it to my children. My boys think I'm crazy! Another game we would play is "butt bumpers." This game is difficult to explain but while facing each other, we would put our feet together and while moving backwards bump our bums together. Oh the things we do when we're eight!

No comments: